As the primary interface between businesses and the government, the Directorate of Investment and Company Administration (DICA) is mandated to promote private sector development and boost domestic and foreign investment by creating a conducive investment climate.
DICA is a key agency within the Government of the Republic of the Union of Myanmar’s Ministry of Investment and Foreign Economic Relations (MIFER).
DICA has several functions, as:
- A regulator on investment and companies
- A company registrar
- An investment promotion agency
- The secretariat of the Myanmar Investment Commission
Furthermore, DICA is also responsible for drafting, negotiating and approving bilateral investment promotion and protection agreements and serves as a focal department for all ASEAN investment related affairs.
One of the key roles of DICA is to encourage and facilitate both foreign and local investment by providing information, fostering coordination and networks between investors and continually exploring new opportunities in Myanmar that would benefit both the nation and the business community.
To promote business in all areas that benefit Myanmar’s ongoing development, DICA acts according to these directives:
- To explore and evaluate new investment opportunities
- To seek land space and capital for investment
- To facilitate mutually-beneficial coordination between investors
- To prioritise Myanmar and its growth and development
- To promote investment services and products
To these ends, DICA provides a wealth of documents and materials to potential investors and keeps them up-to-date:
- The Myanmar Investment Guide Book – a basic, comprehensive introduction for prospective investors on doing business in Myanmar
- Company registration forms and guidelines
- Multimedia resources
- News and stories
- Official updates and announcements
- Seminars, workshops, investment fairs and other events
- Socioeconomic Atlas of Myanmar
To learn more about the values, development and structure of DICA - click here.